Couples Therapy Spokane, established in 2010 by Melanie E. Morlan MA, is a couples counseling and therapy private practice specializing in couples, marital and pre-marital counseling services.
Melanie has a Masters degree from Gonzaga University with a dual emphasis in Marriage and Family Counseling and Community Counseling. She is an Adjunct Professor at Gonzaga University, a Nationally Certified Counselor with Washington State healthcare licenses in both mental health counseling and marriage and family therapy.Specialty Training
- EMOTIONALLY FOCUSED THERAPY: Melanie has a lifetime clinical membership with the International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT). She completed externship training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, completed Advanced Core Skills EFT through the Vancouver Center for EFT Training, and has met the requirements for EFT advanced training designation through ICEEFT.
- CIRCLE OF SECURITY PARENTING TRAINING: Registered Circle of Security Parent Educator.
- COMPLEMENTARY THERAPY SPECIALIST: Undergraduate degree in sports medicine and athletic training. From 1998-2000 she worked as an endurance sport specialist and certified athletic trainer for the U.S. Olympic Committee including 12 very exciting years traveling and working internationally with professional athletes in the sport of cycling (Sportsmedicine Team Member for the 92′ Olympic Games).
- In 1995 Melanie opened a complementary therapies health care clinic, Associates For Health and Wellness which expanded to include Couples Therapy Spokane in 2010.
- Associates for Health and Wellness provides massage therapy, lifestyle, health and wellness coaching for individuals.
- PUBLISHED FREELANCE WRITER: Frequent contributor to local and regional publications writing about topics related to health and wellness.
- ACTIVE VOLUNTEER COMMITMENTS: Melanie became a regional leader for the LiveSTRONG Foundation in 2008. (Cancer survivorship specialist, and as a political advocate in Washington DC for One Voice Against Cancer. )http://www.laf.org/
- Designed and implemented a Complementary Therapies and Wellness Activity Program with Cancer Patient Care in Spokane. A social justice program that assists financially challenged breast cancer survivors to access complementary therapies and wellness activities including marriage and family therapy. This was a Susan G. Komen Foundation grant supported program for 4 years.
- Former recipient of the Washington State Marriage and Family Therapy scholarship award for academic achievement and community service work and a Gonzaga University Scholarship for National Conference presentation. http://www.prolibraries.com/counseling/?select=speaker&speakerID=34618
- GREATEST LIFETIME ACCOMPLISHMENT: Melanie has been married to Christopher Morlan for 17 years (http://www.morlanarchitect.com/. They live in Spokane Washington with their 16-year-old son.